Stress Reduction (MBSR)
Virtual via Zoom Fridays 10 am - 12:30 pm
February 2 - March 22, 2024 with Trish Magyari
"Stress Less, Love More"
8-week virtual group program that teaches you how to be emotionally resilient, reduce daily stress, and cultivate self-awareness through a combination of mindfulness teachings and practices.
Space is limited reserve your spot today!
*CE Credits available*Join Today!
Class will be held virtually via Zoom Fridays 10 am - 12:30 pm. See all class dates below.
As part of the MBSR program, there is a day-long retreat. We will be offering it as a hybrid so you can attend in-person and virtually. It will be held at the Sacred Treehouse in Boca Raton, FL Saturday March 9th, 10 am - 4pm.
- Jan 26 Optional Orientation
- Feb 2 Class 1
- Feb 9 Class 2
- Feb 16 Class 3
- Feb 23 Class 4
- Mar 1 Class 5
- Mar 8 Class 6 - Hybrid in Boca Raton, FL
- Mar 9 Retreat - Hybrid in Boca Raton, FL
- Mar 15 Class 7
- Mar 22 Class 8
Raise Your Hand If You...
- Struggle prioritizing your own health
- Constantly worry about the "What If's" in the future, thinking of everything that could go wrong
-Feel pressured to work and stay productive, but feel like you just can't stay focused
- Often get emotionally triggered and hold on to that emotional reaction leading to increased stress for the next few hours
- Fear your self-doubt will limit you from reaching your full potential and enjoying a happy life
- Lash out angrily at loved ones and struggle with a guilty feeling about it afterwards
Now Imagine If...
- You cultivated acceptance so that you could face whatever life challenges arise
- You lived with more presence and recognized behavior patterns that don't serve you
- You didn't get so worked up over the "small things"
- You experienced more joy and peace
- You felt less stressed and more clear-headed
- Your relationships had clearer communication, deeper understanding, and greater patience
- You practiced meditation consistently and reaped the benefits for years to come!
This is possible through MBSR!
"This was my first time with a mindfulness class, and I didn't know what to expect. The journey was truly transformative! Great information, clearly presented, with lots of support to get us going with our own meditation, yoga, and other mindfulness practices. Thank you!"
Meet Your Instructor, Trish!
Trish Magyari, MS, CGC, MS, LCPC is a Certified MBSR teacher, MBSR Mentor, Certified MSC teacher, retreat leader and licensed mental health counselor in private practice. She has taught the MBSR course over 100 times since 1999, and completed the highest level of MBSR training in 2000. In addition to courses for the general public, Trish has also taught MBSR courses for health and mental health practitioners, for school teachers, for those with chronic pain conditions, for those with cancer, those who are grieving, and for those with a variety of mental health conditions, especially anxiety, depression and PTSD. She is a pioneer of the field of trauma-informed mindfulness. It is her calling to help others reclaim their wholeness and their joy through the practices of mindfulness and self-compassion.
MBSR in a glimpse...
The 8-week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction course was initially targeted to individuals with chronic health problems, helping them to cope with the effects of pain, illness and the impact of these conditions on their lives. Today MBSR is taught to people throughout the world who are experiencing challenges in all areas of life. Psychologists, Licensed Mental Healthcare Workers, Social Workers, and Educators can earn Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) upon completion. The motivation for many to enroll in MBSR begins with a sense of wanting to live in a way that incorporates key aspects of mindfulness, presence, awareness, and a sense of being in touch with oneself. Through the regular training in mindfulness that an MBSR course offers, participants become familiar with their own behavior patterns, especially in relation to stressful situations. They also learn that though they cannot always change the circumstances in which they find themselves, they can choose how to respond to them. In MBSR this process is described as going from reacting to responding, with the latter involving a clearer perception of the circumstances through being in touch with the thoughts, sensations and emotions that are present.
Learn the Four Foundations of Mindfulness through Four Formal Meditation Practices:
Body Scan, Sitting Meditation, Mindful Movement, and Walking Meditation
Learn Practices for Everyday Life
Incorporating mindfulness into everyday activities such as eating, chores, self-care and listening to others has a positive ripple effect for you and those around you!
FREE Access to Sacred Treehouse Membership
Get 10-week access to our online community portal that has additional opportunities to learn and practice mindfulness! There are a variety of practices and upcoming masterclasses to support your mind-body-spirit success!
Benefits of MBSR
- Stress Reduction
- Increased Focus & Cognition
- Enhanced Executive Functioning (memory, decisions, self-control)
- Reduced Emotional Reactivity
- Increased Intuition / Self-Insight
- Increased Immunity
- More Satisfaction in Relationships
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
MBSR is a program designed to teach individuals who are suffering (physical or emotional pain) & who want to take preventative actions to take better care of themselves and live happier lives.Sign me up for these benefits in 2024!!
- Identify the key aspects of mindfulness as it relates to stress reduction, coping with pain and illness and enhancing well-being
- Articulate the difference between MBSR from relaxation and other distraction techniques that may seem similar but are fundamentally and theoretically quite different in contending with difficulty and enhancing quality of life
- Apply mindfulness techniques in both personal and professional settings as a means of contending more effectively with the demands of both settings
- Apply mindfulness into social interaction with patients, colleagues, supervisors, family and friends to facilitate more effective and mindful communication
- Describe the potential benefits of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (and mindfulness in general) to educate patients and their families about the benefits of such programs in their own lives
- Utilize brief mindfulness practices with patients and family members as a means of contending with acute pain, anxiety and distress.
Adjunct Retreat Facilitator
Dr. Patty Shutt
Dr. Shutt, founder of Sacred Treehouse, is a licensed psychologist and co-owner of Therapeutic Oasis of the Palm Beaches in Boca Raton. Dr. Shutt has over 20 years of experience working with individuals and groups to improve mental and emotional functioning. She is a deeply compassionate, genuine, and active therapist who helps individuals with a range of difficulties, such as depression, anxiety, addiction, trauma related difficulties, stress management, and lifespan adjustment issues. She works in collaboration with her clients to create desired changes and reach important goals for lifelong mental wellness and believes everyone should live a life filled with love, health, peace and personal fulfillment.
She finds joy in teaching mindfulness and self-compassion courses outside of clinical work here at Sacred Treehouse!
Insight from a student:
"I had put off taking a mindfulness course because I felt I was too busy. Plus I figured that stress was part of life and I deal with it pretty well. I take good care of myself with a regular workout routine, healthy eating and time with friends. But as I began to prepare for my kids to go off to college and leave the nest, I realized I needed more to deal with this major transition. I took the MBSR course and it literally changed my life, and it did so in simple, beautiful ways. I followed up with the MSC course, which helped me hone what I had learned. The course instructors offered many tools to help me develop a practice that's right for me. I learned to nurture myself and take care of my mental health, which is now part of my everyday life routine. I cannot recommend these courses enough, and I suggest don't wait for the "right" moment. That moment is now."
MBSR is right for you if you want to learn...
- how to handle difficult emotions with mindfulness practices
-how to regulate your emotions with non-judgment and curiosity
- how to transform difficult relationships, both old and new
- mindfulness practices for home and everyday life
- the theory and research behind mindfulness based stress reduction
- how to become your own best teacher and healerJoin The February Class!
Hear from a 2022 Virtual Grad:
Before learning at the Sacred Treehouse I would find it hard to keep my cool. I often found myself getting overwhelmed leading to anger and isolation. I would snap at my family, often going days in silence until I was able to work through it and process my emotions. I found it hard to communicate with my partner and we fought often putting stress on our relationship.
I find I am able to control my emotions a lot better and talk about them. I am able to break cycles of feeling overwhelmed in less time than it used to take me. I have also begun working out regularly and leading a healthy life in general. I would recommend taking the MBSR course. I feel much more in control of my thoughts and feelings and have new tools to help me through my day to day life."
- Moses A
Frequently Asked Questions
How much time will I have to dedicate to this each week?
What are the program requirements? When does it start?
How will course materials be delivered?
What if I have not practiced meditation before?
Are CE credits offered?
What are other options if I can't attend this one?
Connection with MBSR
Through the continued practice of mindfulness you soon develop self-awareness of your stress and habitual reactions, including thoughts, emotions, and behaviors. This mindful awareness leads to greater freedom through gaining a sense of control through choices. Reclaim your power by bringing mindfulness into your daily decision-making!
Join MBSR in 2024 at the Sacred Treehouse!
Email us any questions at [email protected]
Keep in touch with us on social media @SacredTreehouse for mindful living tips and inspiration!