What is MSC?
Mindful Self-Compassion combines the skills of mindfulness and self-compassion, providing a powerful tool for emotional resilience. MSC was developed by Christopher K. Germer, PhD, leader in the integration of mindfulness and psychotherapy, and Kristin Neff, PhD, pioneering researcher in the field of self-compassion.
Mindfulness is the first step in emotional healing—being able to turn toward and acknowledge our difficult thoughts and feelings (such as inadequacy, sadness, anger, confusion) with a spirit of openness and curiosity. Self-compassion involves responding to these difficult thoughts and feelings with kindness, sympathy and understanding so that we soothe and comfort ourselves when we’re hurting.Sign Up Now!
Make Peace with Your Inner Critic
Use self-compassion tools to stop being so hard on yourself, handle difficult emotions with greater ease, and motivate yourself with encouragement rather than criticism.
Learn Practices for Everyday Life
Learn how to care for yourself during and after difficult situations so you can become your own best teacher! Your ability to be compassionate to yourself will open you up to developing greater care & compassion in your relationships.
FREE Sacred Treehouse Mindfulness Membership
Get 8-week access to our online community portal that has additional opportunities to learn and practice mindfulness!
Who Can Benefit From MSC?
MSC can be learned by anyone. It’s the practice of repeatedly evoking good will toward ourselves especially when we’re suffering—cultivating the same desire that all living beings have to live happily and free from suffering.
Most of us feel compassion when a close friend is struggling. What would it be like to receive the same caring attention whenever you needed it most? All that’s required is a shift in the direction of our attention—recognizing that as a human being, you, too, are a worthy recipient of compassion.
Evidence-Based Benefits of a Mindfulness Practice
- enhances emotional wellbeing
- boosts happiness
- reduces anxiety and depression
- increased compassion for others
- increased life satisfaction
- helps you maintain healthy lifestyle habits such as diet and exercise
Being both mindful and compassionate leads to greater ease and well-being in our daily lives.
• Attend the Mandatory Orientation the week before class starts
• Program must be paid in full before starting
• Complete pre and post course assessments
• Commit to attending all 8 classes and the Mindfulness Retreat.
Join Dr. Shutt for the August
Dr. Shutt is offering an online experience co-hosted with Aldo Gonzalez and in-person experience (online Monday evening or in-person Wednesday morning). You can choose which option you would prefer at the link below!Join MSC Today!
MSC is right for you if you want to learn...
- how to stop being so hard on yourself
- how to handle difficult emotions with greater ease
- how to motivate yourself with encouragement rather than criticism
- how to transform difficult relationships, both old and new
- mindfulness and self-compassion practices for home and everyday life
- the theory and research behind mindful self-compassion
- how to become your own best teacher